Monday, March 5, 2012

How can you be sure that you’ll be happy in your career?


I noticed this question on the Harvard Business Review site the other day and it gave me the following thoughts.

I believe one aspect of being happy with a career is that time seems to pass quickly when you are working. Secondly, you enjoy what you are doing so much that your income is secondary.

To keep that in mind I’ve always asked my daughters the following; ‘If you knew that you could not fail, what would you do?’ The answer speaks honestly about what you want as a career or vocation. To me a vocation is more than your work; it is a life style. It is all about getting out of bed and enthusiastically going to work and you even enjoy the difficulties. This is because these difficulties or challenges arouse you to become a great problem solver.
 
What can you do today to be happier in your career?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Contributors