Thursday, June 21, 2012

Have you ever noticed that some people need to improve their attitude?

This was obvious to me the other day.

I have been taking a survey of sales organizations in the area so we can make use of the details in our work. I called a particular car dealership to arrange for a time to see the sales manager. We booked a time and I arrived at the appointed time. I met with the receptionist and told her who I was there to see. She looked around and I could see that the sales manager was talking to a few customers. No problem I thought, he is here. A couple of minutes later she goes to tell him that I was there. He said he had no time for me, but I could call back. My response to the receptionist was that I would not be wasting my time, as I booked an appointment once and I could see that he didn’t keep appointments.

So what is my message here? I think it is obvious to all of you. But what is not obvious to the sales manager is that I will not give them the time of day when I am need of my next car.

Can you think of a time when you brushed off a potential customer?

How are you going to handle this issue the next time?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors