Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Is this customer service?


Recently I called my auto dealer to book an oil change.

It was noon hour when I called to book an oil change on my car. The person who picked up the phone stated “You called at the wrong time.” I responded by saying “Isn’t this the service department?’ The person responded “Yes.” My response was “Please book me in for an oil change.” The person told me that I would have to call back and gave no further explanation.

I bring this customer service fiasco up because I am sure that it has happened more that one time lately. So how can you avoid this type of situation in your business?

I know that it all comes down to one action – communication. This communication means that everyone is aware of what is going on and what needs to be said if there is a concern. This communication includes training everyone who can and may pick up your office phone on how to do it. This communication includes showing scripts to all the staff and making sure that they practice the scripts so that situations like I’ve described don’t happen.

When will you take action to avoid this type of customer service?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors