Monday, October 17, 2011

Will the Occupy Wall Street protest affect your small business?


Sadly I must answer yes!

I answered yes because of some of the comments I’ve heard over the past month. When I hear comments like; ‘I want a job and I want it now.’, ‘I lost money and I’ll never get it back.’, and ‘The government must provide jobs for all.’, these comments scare me about the future.

Why does it scare me about the future? First of all I understand that there are fundamental flaws in the system and there will be more people upset. But secondly and more important the comments seem to be saying, ‘We are entitled to what we want.’ The first concern for me is what happened to being responsible for your life? The second concern is that when a business owner hires someone, they want that someone to serve their customers – not just have a job.

My final question is; why aren’t these people trying to be part of the 1%? They can do that by starting a business, taking responsibility for its growth and using proven marketing principles to do it.

Isn’t that what you are doing?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors