Thursday, October 27, 2011

What are the rewards for your customers for doing business with you?


I am talking about intangible benefits that are additional to their purchase of your product or service.

What do your clients get from you that is intangible?

I raise this question because of an on-going situation my wife is in. It involves her hair stylist and the way my wife is treated. The hair stylist has convinced her that she should book her appointments months in advance. To me this makes a lot of sense as what she has done is created scarcity for her service. What bothers me the most is that if you set an appointment date and time, it would make sense to honor that appointment wouldn’t it?

Well that is the heart of the matter. My wife goes on time to all of these appointments, and then has to wait every time. The only explanation that she gets is that she (the hairstylist) is running late. Well, that is obvious isn’t it?

If it was me, I would have moved on to another business, but is that just me?

What can you do to avoid situations like this, when your clients are not being treated with dignity and honor?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors