Friday, October 14, 2011

Why do your clients buy from you?


Don’t tell me it is because of how long your organization has been in business. Don’t tell me it is because of the quality of your product or service.

The reason I tell you not to ‘tell me’ those things as they are business focused answers. Your clients buy from you for their reasons. Over ten years ago I came across a great article on the buying motives of clients. What I would like to identify for you are the six basic buying motives;
  • Profit or Gain – your clients want to save money or make money, longer wear.
  • Fear of Loss – your clients want to reduce costs, a  guarantee or no risk.
  • Comfort and Pleasure – your clients want enjoyment, comfort, beauty or improved morale.
  • Avoidance of Pain – your clients want to save time, safety, good health, or reduce loss.
  • Love and Affection – your clients want social approval, security of loved ones, better employee relations.
  • Pride and Prestige – your clients want social acceptance, style, high quality, self improvement.
The question is; how do you find out these buying motives? The answer is that you need to ask specific and detailed questions.

Do you know what the questions are?  If not contact me at 519-539-2267.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors