Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Are you concerned about people stealing your business ideas?


I think that concern is totally unjustified, because most people don’t like new ideas.

Take for example this quote from Howard Aiken (1900-1973). He was a major figure of the early digital era. He is best known for his first machine, the IBM Automatic Sequence Controlled Calculator. It was conceived in 1937 and put into operation in 1944. He said “Don’t worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are any good, you’ll have to ram them down people’s throats.”

I think the problem is that there aren’t many new ideas being developed lately. Look at your own industry, have there been many new ideas or innovations? If there have been innovations, are all of you in the industry copying them?

Answer these questions;
  • What can I do today, that will stimulate me to create new ideas for my business?
  • What can I create that will make my business look different than my competitors?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors