Friday, January 21, 2011

Are you a rock, are you an island?


Simon & Garfunkle wrote the song ‘I am a Rock’ many years ago. In one part of the song it states;
“I've built walls, a fortress deep and mighty”

At times as business owners we believe that we are this fortress. But as business has changed so much in the past 3 years, we need to re-evaluate how we are operating. I know that by doing it all on your own; you feel real good, but has the growth of your business been consistent?

With these transformational changes in business, now is the time that we realize that no business owner is an island. This is because the vital blood of business is fresh ideas. If you want to become a long-term success the development of your business requires more knowledge than you and I have individually.

Due to this understanding, I hired a coach to help me over the past 6 months. The results have been fantastic! Please remember these things when it comes to hiring a coach;
  • Coaches need to know your industry.
  • Coaches need to be focused on your needs, not their own.
  • Coaches are not better than you; they just know how to improve results.
  • Coaches keep your psychology straight, so that during the tough times the coach can help you with techniques to overcome the challenges.
If you want more insight into coaching let me know. My number is 519-539-2267.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors