Friday, April 8, 2011

Do you really understand how you can be influenced by a question?


If you are still reading, you have proved my point.

The other day I took part in an on-line survey. What surprised me was how slanted or directed to the way the organization wanted the questions answered.

To give you an example here is one of them; ‘Violent young offenders should be sentenced as adults.’ When I read that my first indication was – of course. Upon further thought I began to second guess as I wondered if there was more background a person should know before the question is answered.

I would suggest to you that the next time you ask a question, please consider the words you use. Yes, the way you phrase a question can have a tremendous impact on the answer you are going to get?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors