Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Have you ever gone to a medical appointment, and had to wait?


Well that happened to me the other day. I had booked an appointment with my chiropractor for 1:15 in the afternoon. I got there a little early and the receptionist took me directly into one of the rooms. I am thinking to myself – this is great service!

Think again Gibney! 

After I read the waiver form and all the certificates on the wall I began to wonder what was going on. After what seemed to be an eternity I opened the door and walked back to see the receptionist. I stated that I had a 1:15 appointment and I wondered what time she had on the office clock. She stated that it was 1:30 and then said that we always run behind schedule. Then I said that I would be leaving. My thought pattern was that if he was going to charge me for his time and then was going to make me wait without telling me that things were running behind schedule, I would put a small dent into his pocketbook and not be available when he was.

What is the purpose of this rant? It is simple! If you don’t keep your clients informed as to what is going on regarding an order or a purchase, you’ve literally told them that their concerns don’t matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors