Friday, March 11, 2011

What about your story?


Whenever you speak to someone about your goods or services you have to sell yourself first. This is not about putting up a false façade. It is about being true to your self.

It is your eye contact, your demeanor and the sound of your voice. It also includes showing and sharing the emotion you have towards your goods or services. The key that most great promoters have is that they want others to feel how they do about what they are discussing. To do that you must speak from the heart, not from your head.

To conclude let me give you a personal example. Years ago I worked for an international research and development company. We had developed some very unique training solutions. The company was firm about how we needed to explain how the training process worked. I was sold on what the training could do as I had seen how the training impacted me. My enthusiasm should have been enough to convince others to buy into the process – sadly not. I had convinced myself that I needed to follow a prepared script. As soon as I started to do that my enthusiasm subsided and the results weren’t as good as they should have been.

The next time you present ‘your story’ to anyone, make sure it is remarkable and unforgettable by showing your enthusiasm for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors