Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Have you ever received a survey from Microsoft?


The other day I got a survey from Microsoft, and I would like to start by giving you some background. The day before that I had decided to try out one of their programs before I bought it. I got the link to download the program and to make a long story short I had a great deal of trouble downloading it and have not yet been able to use the program.

Now getting back to the survey, on the first page they asked me the following questions;

Please choose the statement which best describes you;
  • I selected and activated without purchasing yet.
  • I activated a trial, and recently converted to a purchased product.
  • I selected and purchased a product directly without a trial.
Now considering the challenges I have had, I could not selected any of the statements they asked me.

So you are asking ‘what does this have to do with marketing’? It has everything to do with marketing. Considering that Microsoft is a very large company and has world-wide recognition, even they make assumptions on their business practices. Is it possible or probable that you are making assumptions on your business practices? I think you know the answer to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors