Thursday, May 26, 2011

Are you working in your business or on it?


This is a question that has been asked by many business gurus over the years, especially Michael Gerber of ‘The E-Myth’ books. The reason I bring this up is that recently a business friend came up to me and stated that things were very tough for him lately. He went on and on, you know the usual negative talk.

After he went back to his home I thought how sad his situation is. This is because he is so actively involved in his business he has not looked at how he could develop or renew his business. Back in the early winter I offered people in his industry a briefing. This briefing was all about the research I had done about trends in their industry and how they can transform their businesses. Many of the owners I had shown this information to were ecstatic and before I left their business were outlining how they could improve.

I prepared this briefing because I wanted to give back to an industry that has been very good to me and my family.

Now getting back to my business friend, he was one who declined to meet with me. Yes, three months ago he decided that getting information about trends in his industry and planning ideas were not what he wanted to do. Now, he is concerned about making ends meet.

Do you now see how important it is to work on your business not just in it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors