Monday, February 14, 2011

A man goes to the Psychiatrist, feeling very upset and depressed.


The Doctor asks: "What’s the matter?"
The man says: "Doctor, I don't know what to do. Every time my wife comes home from shopping, she attacks me verbally."
The Doctor says: "I have a real good cure for that. When your wife comes home from shopping, just take a glass of water and start swishing it in your mouth.  Just swish and swish but don't swallow it until she goes to bed and is asleep."

Two weeks later the man comes back to the doctor looking fresh and reborn.

The man says: "Doctor that was a brilliant idea! Every time my wife came home from shopping, I swished with water. I swished and swished, and she didn't get upset with me! How does the water do that?"
The Doctor says: "The water does nothing at all…it just keeps your mouth shut."

I think every sales person can learn something from this story. We all can learn that there is a time to speak and a time to shut-up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors