Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Do people really understand you?


Recently I went to a seminar and a number of the speakers began using a particular abbreviation.

At first I tried to figure out what foreign language they were speaking. I thought, "Why the abbreviation?". For me this was frustrating then I realized that they were abbreviating a two word phrase.

But what about the people you are speaking to?

I honestly believe that many times people have not bought from a company due to the use of abbreviations or industry jargon. In fact in the early 80’s when I started to inquire about buying my first computer I left many businesses because the sales person started rambling off with many things I knew nothing about.

So the next time you are speaking to a client; be aware of the abbreviations or industry jargon you are using.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors