Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Are you good at keeping your promises?


This is a true story.

About two weeks ago a landscape company promised me that they would be completing the landscaping in our backyard last week. By Sunday night the work had not been done. So I e-mailed the owner and I got excuses about why they had not done the work.

I understand that weather can have a great impact on outdoor work. I also understand that the company had my phone number and my e-mail address, but did not contact me to let me know that the work would be delayed.

The only judgment a client can make is if the business cares about them. We make these judgments by evaluating how the company treats us. Are they asking enough questions to show they are concerned about the customers needs? Do they respond to your inquiries in a timely manner? Do they call you if problems have occurred?

All of this is common sense. Sadly it appears that common sense is not common anymore.

What can you do to show more common sense in your business?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors