Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Do you really think you are being a service to your customers?


This past weekend I went to a local jewelry store to buy a battery for my watch.

This should have been no problem. Well think again.

As I pulled up in front of the store it appeared to be open, so I got out of the car and walked to the front door. When I looked at the front door there it was – a small piece of paper stating ‘We’ll be back in 15 minutes’.

Having an unique sense of humor I smiled. I smiled because of a number of questions came to my mind;
  • When did they leave the store?
  • When will they be back?
  • Do they think I am going to wait for an indeterminate amount of time?

I bring this example up because this type of incident has happened many times to all of us. The owner or the person working that day has failed to think about the customer. Their needs came first.

How can you create a more customer focused approach to your business? (If you think you are perfect right now, think again.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors