Tuesday, September 27, 2011

How can you differentiate yourself from the competition?


This is a question I’ve asked myself everyday for years.

I’ve asked this question because it should be the over-riding question everyday of your business life. I say that because if you look the same, then price is the determining factor in a customer’s buying decision. Now that is a scary thought!

If you want to differentiate yourself don’t make comments like; “no one can do what we do?” Instead you must state your exceptional difference that is a compelling benefit for your customer over what your competition does. Your differentiation must be stated by comparing your exclusive method to the traditional method of your competitors.

Why don’t you give it a try, then e-mail me your results. For those that do this before October 1st 2011, I will send you a document to help you in more detailed terms. My e-mail address is timothygibney@sympatico.ca In the subject line of your e-mail state ‘differentiation’.

Why wouldn’t you take this simple action to improve your business today? Remember your decisions shape your future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors